Mt. Field, Mt. Wellington & Tassie Devils
- Varighed: 10 Timer (Ca.)
- Produkt kode: MF
Wilderness, Waterfalls & Wildlife
Experience some of Tasmania's most unique treasures from spectacular Russell Falls, the Tall Trees Walk, Tassie Devils & Hobart's Mt. Wellington.
Mt. Field National Park offers a variety of walks in Tasmania’s oldest National Park. Most famous for Russell Falls & the Tall Trees we explore the various walks and regions of this diverse area which is only a 1.5 hr drive from Hobart.
Russell Falls is easily Tasmania’s most recognisable waterfall with its 3-tiered drop. It is an easy and enjoyable walk along a beautiful track that takes us to this photogenic waterfall and beyond to Horseshoe Falls. We also make our way along the Tall Trees Track where high above us stand the giant Swamp Gums 80 metres tall. This is a series of short, spectacular walks amongst the cool and quiet rainforest, eucalypts, streams and local wildlife.
Further up into the National Park we join the Pandani Grove Trail which takes us around the alpine Lake Dobson. Soak up the wilderness and surrounding mountain air in this lesser visited region of the park. Lake Dobson is often covered in a layer of ice and surrounded with snow in the winter months – just gorgeous! The vegetation dates to Gondwanaland days giving this area an enchanting and ancient feel.
We enjoy a lunch break in one of the numerous beautiful settings at Mt. Field before continuing onwards for the day.
We visit Bonorong Wildlife Park which is home to many of our rescued and well-loved wildlife. Tassie Devils are close up; wallabies are freely hopping around the park and many more of our local favourites are easily discovered here.
To top off this very Tasmanian day we head to the summit of kunanyi /Mt. Wellington (1271m) Hobart’s iconic backdrop. The views from the top are breathtaking and the vista is expansive. This is a fantastic way to wrap up a day exploring many of Tassie’s most unique and noteworthy experiences, rainforests, waterfalls, wildlife and fabulous scenery.
We return you to your Hobart central city accommodation around 5.30 – 6.00pm.
• Explore the Mt. Field National Park (4 hrs)
• Walk to the beautiful Russell Falls (easy grade 40 mins)
• Count the stairs on the way up to Horseshoe Falls
• Be amazed along the Tall Trees Track (easy grade 30 mins)
• Enjoy the unique Alpine area along the Pandani Grove Track (easy grade 40 mins)
• Photograph the spectacular alpine Lake Dobson
• Visit Bonorong Wildlife Park
• Enjoy the ferocious action of a Tassie Devil Feeding
• Hand feed the wallabies
• Stand atop Kunanyi (Mt. Wellington 1271m) for amazing views across Southern Tasmania
• National Park entrance fee
• Wildlife Park entrance fee
• Professional guides and interpretive walks
• Small, friendly groups
• Central Hobart Hotel & Backpacker Hostel pick up and drop off
• Food and drinks
You may bring your lunch with you or we will stop to give you an opportunity to purchase a bakery style takeaway lunch on the day.
What to bring/wear
• Sensible shoes for walking
• A variety of warm clothing
• Weatherproof jacket if possible
• Water Bottle, Snacks, Lunch (or buy it on the day)
• Sense of adventure
Our tours are active and visit National Parks and wild areas that involve some walking. We focus on the great short walks of Tasmania. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential. All tour participants will be participating in outdoor, active activities and therefore subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day.
We educate all our guests on Minimal Impact Bushwalking and the Leave No Trace policy’s before entering our National Parks. We provide accurate interpretation and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimise negative impacts.