Wineglass Bay & Freycinet Day Tour (Hobart)
- Duration: 12 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: WB
Walk to the Wineglass Bay lookout to see one of the “World’s Top 10 beaches!” Join us for a fun & action- packed day out as we discover the “Jewel in the Crown” of Tasmania’s east coast. We enjoy a variety of short walks, National Park coastal scenery & delicious local food opportunities along the way (local oysters, berries, ice-creams and hand-made chocolates!)
We depart Hobart heading east then following the coastline north. We travel through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea as we make our way to Freycinet National Park. Freycinet is one of Tasmania’s first National Parks, famous for its rich and stunning coastal landscapes. Pink Granite Mountains form the backdrop for secluded bays, pristine waters, white sandy beaches, local wildlife and amazing walking trails.
As we enter the Freycinet peninsula, we have a brief stop at the Freycinet Marine Farm for anyone interested in the local oysters fresh from the surrounding waters.
We walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, a moderate uphill walk of around 45 - 60 minutes. Here the views make the walk well worth the effort! For the keen walkers, you can continue along the track that takes you down to Wineglass beach (2.5 hr return walking time). Once on the beach you have time to take a swim, relax, eat your lunch or meander along the white sands.
If you prefer to select the shorter walking option, then we return from the Lookout with our Tour Guide and explore other areas of Freycinet National Park. Visit Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay, Cape Tourville Lighthouse & Great Short Walk.
After a very full 4 – 5 hours at Freycinet National Park we begin the trip back to Hobart. Last but certainly not least we stop at Kate’s Berry Farm, where Kate is serving up delicious Berry Ice-creams and other sweet delights such as jams, sauces, chocolates and jellies.
We return to your Hobart central city accommodation around 6.30 – 7.00pm.
(Airport Drop Offs around 6.00 – 6.30pm – available only with arrangement at time of booking)
• Explore Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
• Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout (moderate uphill walk 45 mins)
• Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay (longer walking option 2.5 hours)
• Visit the highlights of Freycinet National Park - Honeymoon Bay & Sleepy Bay
• Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk (easy 20 mins)
• Enjoy some fresh oysters at Freycinet Marine Farm
• Reward yourself with a tasty ice-cream at Kate’s Berry Farm – delicious!
• Check out the unusual convict built Spiky Bridge
• National Park entrance fee
• Professional guides & interpretative walks
• Small, friendly groups
• Central Hobart Hotel & Backpacker Hostel pick up and drop off
• Airport drop offs on request with prior arrangement
• Food and drinks
You may bring your lunch with you or we will stop to give you an opportunity to purchase a bakery style takeaway lunch on the day.
What to bring/wear
• Sensible shoes for walking
• A variety of warm & weatherproof clothing
• Hat & Sunscreen
• Large water bottle, snacks, lunch (or buy it on the day)
• Sense of adventure
Our tours are active and visit National Parks and wild areas that involve some walking. We focus on the great short walks of Tasmania. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential. All tour participants will be participating in outdoor, active activities and therefore subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day.
We educate all our guests on Minimal Impact Bushwalking and the Leave No Trace policy’s before entering our National Parks. We provide accurate interpretation and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimise negative impacts.